Bringing Kids To Care
Welcome to the collaborative initiative between the Coalition of Women Living with HIV and AIDS (COWLHA), Y-Plus, and the Research for Equity and Community Health (REACH) Trust, a project that is funded by Aidsfonds. This partnership aims to implement the “Bringing Kids to Care” project.
- Enhance HIV testing, treatment, and adherence among children living with HIV.
- Implement a comprehensive community intervention model.
- Lead Partner: Coalition of Women Living with HIV and AIDS (COWLHA)
- Executive Director: Ms. Edna Tembo
- Consortium Partner: Research for Equity and Community Health (REACH) Trust
- Executive Director: Mr. Kingsley Chikaphupha
- Consortium Partner: Y-Plus
- COWLHA assumes the role of the lead agency and administrative agent.
- COWLHA will be the principal recipient of project funding.
- REACH Trust will contribute to the project by conducting research and implementing specific activities.
- Y-plus will provide support and advocacy for young people who are living with HIV
- Ongoing mentoring of staff in financial and program management.
- Bi-annual meetings with implementing partners for activity review and planning.
- Training health care providers using the Kids to Care Model.
- Training mentor mothers for PMTCT and community health workers for door-to-door tracing, testing, and referral.